PowerPoint 1 Mental Incapacity Act 2005 Awareness (24 slides) (this PowerPoint session ends with a written assessment (provided as a Word document)
- Aims - Introduction - The Influences on Care - What is Mental Capacity? - Who does the Act apply to? - What will the Act do? - Lacking Capacity
- Who else does the Act apply to? - What new things does the Act introduce? -Lasting Powers of Attorney - Enduring Powers of Attorney
- What differences are there? - Who can nominate a Lasting Power of Attorney? - Lasting Power of Attorneys and Deputies - Single Orders of the Court
- The Public Guardian - Criminal Offences - The Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy Service - Codes of Practice - Summary - References
PowerPoint 2 Mental Incapacity Act 2005 Awareness (Part 2) (12 Slides) this PowerPoint session ends with a written assessment (provided as a Word document)
- Aims - Introduction - What other new things does the Act introduce? - Care and Treatment - Advance Decisions - Research - Summary - References
PowerPoint 3 Mental Incapacity Act 2005 A New Way of Thinking? (11 Slides)
- Aims - Introduction - Using the Mental Capacity Act - How will capacity be assessed? - Best interests - Human Rights - Summary - References
This short PowerPoint session is to be used around a learner debate and discussion about issues such as empowerment, stereotyping and personal belief systems.
Mental Capacity Act Word Documents
- Handouts x 7 - Written Assessment x 2
This next part of the pack contains training materials regarding the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS). Each PowerPoint comes with an end of session assessment. There are 14 Handouts and an extra simple Learning Activity to use as a base for your own activities.
PowerPoint 4 – Depriving Liberty Awareness (25 Slides)
- Aims and Objectives - Introduction - Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (Dols) - Safeguards – Who They Apply To - Background - Human Rights Act 1998 - What Are The Safeguards?
- Policies and Training - Dols – Implications for Institutions - MCA Code of Practice (Supplement 2.5) - What Does This Mean for You and Your Institution? - Summary - References
PowerPoint 5 – Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (31 Slides)
- Aims and Objectives - Introduction - Deprivation of Liberty Legislation - The Bournewood Case - The Safeguards - The Relationship of DoLS to MCA - What Does This Mean?
- DoLS – The Assessment Process - Key Terminology - Action to be Taken by the Managing Authority (MA) - Action to be Taken by the Supervisory Body (SB)
- The Six Stage Assessment - The Assessment - The Best Interest Assessor - Authorisation Expiry - Emergencies - Reviews and Appeals - Assessments – Mental Capacity
- Assessments – No Refusal - Assessments – Eligibility - Assessments – Mental Health - Assessments – Best Interests - Supreme Court Ruling - Lords Select Committee Recommendations - And Finally . . . . .Monitoring - References
Word Documents (Handouts)
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2 Handouts) - Roles and Responsibilities - Glossary - IMCA - Key Principles - MCA (2 Handouts) - Restraint
- Setting Manager Information Sheet - Types of Authorisations - EXAMPLE Checklist (for Training Purposes Only) - Supreme Court Ruling - Lords Select Committee Recommendations
Other Word Documents
- 2 x End of Session assessment - 1 x Extra Learning Activity
Available on CD or as a Download