PowerPoint presentations and Word Documents (handouts, and one end of session assessment).
The main presentation details (in separate sections) all aspects of the Child Protection Service in England or Wales (choose which you want when you pay)
Suitable for social workers, care settings, trainers, training agencies, lecturers etc.
Presentation – Child Protection Service Awareness (57 slides)
- This session looks at the child protection service in England:
- By the end of the session, learners will understand:
- Underlying legislation and guidance
- Relevant agencies and reporting procedures
- Referrals and procedures
- Care orders Who are ‘looked after children’
- Aims and Objectives Introduction Definition of a Child Legislation and Guidance The Children Act 1989 The Children Act 2004 Guidance Local Safeguarding Children Boards Children’s Services Reporting Child Protection Concerns The Public Professionals Health Professionals Child Protection Referrals Assessment Significant Harm Immediate Danger Emergency Protection Order Immediate Danger – The Police Immediate Danger – NSPCC Section 47 Enquiry Child Protection Case Conference Initial Child Protection Case Conference Review Child Protection Case Conference Care Proceedings Interim Care Orders Care Orders Care Order Awarded Adoption Orders Looked-After Children References
Presentation – Introduction to Child Abuse (38 slide) teaching presentation
- Aims and Objectives Introduction Definition of a Child Every Child Matters Some Facts About Child Abuse Abuse – Forms, Signs and Effects One Definition of Child Abuse Recognising Abuse and Neglect What is Child Abuse? Who Abuses? Features of Abuse Indicators of Abuse Additional Indicators for Disabled Children Some Behavioural Symptoms of Abuse What is Physical Abuse? Physical Abuse Common Sites Physical Abuse – Signs Emotional Abuse Emotional Abuse – Signs Sexual Abuse Sexual Offences Act 2003 Sexual Abuse – Signs Neglect Some Symptoms of Neglect What Stops Children Reporting Abuse? Domestic Violence and Abuse Domestic Abuse and The Abuse of Children Some Symptoms of Domestic Violence and Abuse References
- Handouts (2) End of Session Assessments (1)
Available on CD (£8.29) or as a Download (£7.99)
For purchase options click HERE