This pack looks at skills required of nursing/HCA staff regarding Pressure Ulcers, Preparing the Care Environment, Taking a Temperature, Understanding Blood Pressure, How to Give a Bed Bath, How to Change a Bed and Urinalysis.
Practical learning and observation specific pack.
Blood Pressure PowerPoint (11 Slides)
- What it is, how it is measured, when to take it manually, blood pressure values, hypertension, hypotension, differences between adults and children, factors affecting blood pressure readings.
How to Change a Bed PowerPoint (18 slides)
- These can be used either in formal lesson/lecture situation or to accompany a practical session.
How to give a bed bath PowerPoint (33 slides)
- Complete session on bed bathing (for men and women)
- All about Blood Pressure and how to measure it, How to give a Bed Bath, How to Change a Bed, Urinalysis
3 Handouts (with Learner Activities)
- Preparing the Care Environment, Pressure Ulcers (with pictures), Temperature
2 Case studies for use with activities. Observation Sheet for use with practical activities.
Available on CD or as a Download