Challenging Behaviours, Restraint and Abuse (Pack B)
This is an AWARENESS pack and therefore can be delivered to all staff (approved courses only for staff authorised to use restraint). There are situations when restraint is used when dealing with clients. The law is very strict in this area and methods used can be considered abuse. This pack includes a session on unacceptable techniques used in restraining individuals.
PowerPoint 1) Legislation and Restraint
- Introduction, Challenging Behaviours and the Law, Care Standards Act 2000 Exceptional Circumstances, Care Standards Act 2000 Recording the Incident, The Children’s Home Regulations 2001 The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 The Employer, The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Risk Assessment, Reporting of Injuries,Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 Violence & Aggression, Physical Intervention and Law, Assault, Battery, False Imprisonment, Physical Intervention and Law (Trespass and Reasonable Defence), Reasonable Defence (Consent) Reasonable Defence (When a person cannot give consent), Reasonable Defence (Necessity), Reasonable Defence (Duty of care to client), Reasonable Defence (Self defence) Prevention of a crime, Summary, References
PowerPoint 2) Local Policies and Restraint
- Introduction, Preparation and Response, Overall Policy (good practice), Policies, Local Policies, Training, Support for Staff, Summary, References
PowerPoint 3) - Risks and Restraint
- Introduction, Risk Assessments, Learning Activity, Risks to Service Users, Learning Activity, Risks to Staff, Risks to Others, Summary, References.
PowerPoint 4) - Restraining Clients
- Introduction, Why is it needed?, Holding or Physical Intervention?, Physical Intervention, Last Resort, Procedures, Other Considerations, What is a Planned Physical Intervention? Planned Interventions (Supervision), Recording Information, What Else Should Be Recorded?, Recording Planned Physical Intervention Strategies, Unplanned Physical Intervention Physical Intervention, Learning Activity (Unacceptable Methods), You cannot (various slides), And Finally, Summary, References
- 4 Handouts, 2 End of session assessments, 2 Learning activities
Available on CD (£10.29) or as a Download (£9.99)
To buy on CD click HERE
To buy as a DOWNLOAD click HERE