Confidentiality Awareness and Law
This pack contains 4 PowerPoint presentations, associated hand-outs, a learning activity and one end of session assessment. There are also some extra hand-outs that I have included as a courtesy.
The pack will be useful for teachers and trainers of learners on appropriate health and social care courses and QCF underpinning knowledge etc. Also appropriate for LAW on Confidentiality awareness training in any health and social care setting.
Presentation1 – Confidentiality Awareness (40 slides) (with handout and one learning activity) - Slide Titles:
- What is confidentiality?, Not telling others things they do not need to know, Learning Activity, Learning Activity Answers, How do we know what can and cannot be disclosed?
- Codes of Practice, How do we know what can and cannot be disclosed?, Human Rights Act 1998, Data Protection Act 2018, Freedom of Information Act 2000/Scotland 2002
- Computer Misuse Act 1990, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, Common Law – Duty of Confidence, Disclosure, Consent to disclosure, Explicit Consent
- Implied Consent, Public Interest, Disclosure to Third Parties, The Police, Information Sharing Protocols, Confidentiality and Privacy, Breach of Confidentiality, References
Presentation 2 – Caldicott Principles (13 slides) with handout and end of session assessment) - Slide Titles:
- Introduction, Background, The Report - General Principles, Principle 1, Principle 2, Principle 3, Principle 4, Principle 5, Principle 6, Links to Legislation and Common Law, References
PowerPoint 3 – Data Protection Act 2018 – 54 slides (with handout) - Slide Titles:
- Introduction, Links to previous legislation, Current legislation, Health Records, The Act and common law, What is data?, What is a relevant filing system?, Personal data, Sensitive personal data
- Processing, Data subject, Rights of data subjects, Other information, Children - data subject rights, Incapacitated adults - data subject rights, Lacking mental capacity, Information held by county councils, When a request has been made, When a request has been refused, How sgould datat requests be provided?, Concerns and complaints
- Information Commissioner, Data controller, Data processor, Key principles, Principle 1, Principle 2, Principle 3, Principle 4, Principle 5, Principle 6, Position under the GDPR (Principles), Old Principle 8
- Contravening the Act, Fees, Why the change?, References
PowerPoint 4 – Freedom of Information Acts - 2000 and Scotland 2002 Overview – 26 slides (with handout) - Slide Titles:
- Introduction, What is the Freedom of Information Act?, Links to Data Protection Act, Who does the 2000 Act apply to?, Who does the 2002 Act apply to?, Who do the Acts not apply to?
- What information is covered by the Acts?, Disclosure of information (both Acts), Exemptions, Vexatious requests, Voluntary application, Valid requests, Clarifying requests
- Transferring requests, Confirming that information is held, Destroying information, Costs of providing information (2000 Act), Costs of providing information (2002 Act) (2 slides)
- Appeals and complaints, Publication schemes, References
- Handouts (to follow PowerPoint 1, 2 , 3 and 4), Written end of session Assessment (for PowerPoint 2), Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 Summary of Exemptions handout
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 Summary of Exemptions handout, Confidentiality care settings (extra handout), Safeguarding (information sharing) (extra handout), Data Protection Act 1998 (extra handout)
Available on CD (£10.29) or as a DOWNLOAD (£9.99)
To buy on CD Click HERE
To buy as a DOWNLOAD click HERE