End of Life Care Awareness
Suitable for residential and domiciliary settings, both workers and managers. It is also suitable for other types of care settings, but the resources will need some adapting by the trainer.
Suitable also for trainers and training agencies. A comprehensive resource pack.
The Care Planning part of this pack is very ‘hands on’ and the learning activities are designed to be helpful in reviewing existing care plans and revising them so that care is provided according to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2009 (Regulation 17) and Outcome 4 Care and Welfare of People using Services.
PowerPoint 1 – End of Life Tools Awareness (48 Slides) - Slide Titles:
- Introduction, EoLC Programme, The End of Life Care Strategy (Department of Health), End of Life Care Tools, Partnership Working, End of Life Care Pathway, Elements of Palliative Care
- Preferred Place of Care Plan, Gold Standards Framework, Gold Standards Framework Approach, Gold Standards Framework the Seven Principles, Gold Standards Framework
- Gold Standards Framework in Care Homes Programme, End of Liverpool Care Pathway, NICE New Guidelines (December 2015), Further Information/References
PowerPoint 1 is accompanied by a handout that follows all points from the session and an end of session assessment sheet.
PowerPoint 2 – Effective Communication (31 slides) (specific to end of life not generic communication) - Slide Titles:
- Aims and Objectives, Introduction, Important Communication Issues, Learning Activity 1, Necessary Skills, Behaviours that facilitate communication, Behaviours that block communication
- Behaviours that facilitate communication (further 8 slides), Behaviours that block communication, Facilitating Coping Skills, Death, Learning Activity 2, Learning Activity 3, References
PowerPoint 2 has built in learning activities and is accompanied by 3 handouts and 4 Word document learning activities.
PowerPoint 3 – Key Principles of Telling People Bad News (15 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Aims and Objectives, Definitions of “Bad News”, Learning Activity 1, Some Reasons, Reactions, Key Principles, Acknowledging and Accepting Reactions, In Perspective
- Key Principle Language, Key Principles Professional Accountability, Key Principles Key Skills, Learning Activity 2, References
PowerPoint 3 has built in learning activities and is accompanied by 2 handouts and 2 Word document learning activities.
PowerPoint 4 – EoLC Communicating Bad News (22 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Introduction, Preparation, Communication, Family Members, Preparing for the discussion, Seating, Introductions, Reviewing information, Non verbal behaviour, Needs based information
- The Conversation, Honesty, Collusion, The conversation, Further information, Reassurance, Next steps, Denial, Your Performance, References
PowerPoint 4 is accompanied by a handout.
PowerPoint 5 – EoLC What is Palliative Care? (29 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Aims and Objectives, Introduction, World Health Organisation, Goal of palliative care, Context, Gold Standards Framework, Palliative care approach, Palliative care interventions
- Specialist palliative care, Components of palliative care, What is pain?, Components – Physical Support, Components – Emotional Support, Components – Personal Support
- Components – Social Support, Components of Palliative Care, Services for Families and Carers, References
PowerPoint 5 is accompanied by a handout and an end of session assessment sheet.
PowerPoint 6 – EoLC Person Centred Care Planning (30 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Aims and Objectives, Introduction, What is a Good Death?, The End of Life Care Strategy, What Do Clients Want? (3 slides), Learning Activity 1, Learning Activity 2
- Learning Activity 3, The Kings Fund – Quality Markers, Care Provision, Care Professionals, Learning Activity 4, Learning Activity 5, Training and Development
- Learning Activity 6, Learning Activity 7, Learning Activity 8, Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2009 (Regulation 17)
- Outcome 4 Care and Welfare of People using Services, Additional Prompt, A word about inspection, References, Further information
PowerPoint 6 has built in learning activities and is accompanied by 2 handouts and Word documents for the learning activities.
Extra Word Documents - 7 Handouts
- Advance Care Planning, Advanced Statements, End of Life Pathways, Improving Care Checklist, Key Documents list, EoLC Useful Websites, EoLC Further Reading
All presentations included in this resource pack are fully referenced.
Available on CD (£13.69) or as a Download (£13.39)
To buy click HERE