Food Hygiene Awareness
The material in this learning resource CD is suitable for fulltime/part time courses and QCF underpinning knowledge. It is also suitable for private trainers/training agencies.Nursing Home/Residential Care Managers/Managers of other care settings can use these materials in house.
PowerPoint 1 The Basics - Slide Titles:
- Why is Food Hygiene Important?, Symptoms of Food Poisoning, Who is at Risk?, The 4 Cs, Cleaning, Cooking, Chilling, Cross-contamination, Hand Washing
- Effective Hand Washing, Preventing Cross - contamination, Summary, References
PowerPoint 2 The Principles - Slide Titles:
- The Importance of Food Hygiene, What Does Keeping Food Safe Involve?, Who Handles Food in a Care setting?, What is Food Poisoning?, What Causes Food Poisoning?
- Vulnerable Groups, Babies and Young Children, The Elderly, Pregnant Women, People who are ill, Symptoms of Food Poisoning, Food Poisoning Statistics
- Good Working Practices, Summary, References
PowerPoint 3 The Practice - Slide Titles:
- General Principles, Room Temperature Storage, High Risk and Perishable Foods, Canned Foods, Uncooked Meat, Cooked Meat, Dry/De-hydrated Food. Re-hydrated Food
- Salads, Refrigerators, Freezers, Stock Rotation, Freezing Food, Thawing Food, Summary
PowerPoint 4 Effective Hand Washing
Can be used as a stand alone learning resource or trainer led to accompany a practical session
PowerPoint 5 Effective Hand Washing
- Food Poisoning Outbreaks, 11 Scenarios, Key Points slide for each activity as a summary after activity has been completed
PowerPoints are fully referenced.
Word Documents (Handouts)
- Environmental Health, Food Poisoning, Food Safety Practices, Food Storage & Temperature, General Food Storage, Good Practice, Hand Washing Technique, Hand Washing
- Hazard Analysis, Reasons for Food Poisoning, Recommended Fridge Maximum Storage (Meat), Risk Analysis, Temperature Monitoring of Hot Food
Word Documents (Learning Activities)
- Food Hygiene, Hand Washing and Decontamination, Hand Washing Technique
Word Documents (Templates)
- General Risk Assessment Form, Cleaning Schedule, Delivery Checks Monitoring Form, Hygiene and Training Record
Various activities are also included in PowerPoints 2 and 3. PowerPoint 4 is a dedicated Group Activity session. The Activities are included in PowerPoint 2, with some speaker notes.
Available on CD or as a Download