This pack will be useful for teachers and trainers of learners on appropriate health and social care courses and QCF underpinning knowledge etc. Also appropriate for direct training in any health and social care setting.
Relevant for HSC220 Maintain the feet of individuals who have been assessed with requiring help with general footcare.
PowerPoint 1 Common Foot Problems (with assessment) (21 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Basic Anatomy of the Foot, Common Foot Problems, Bunions, Corns, Hammer Toes, Plantar Warts, Morton’s Neuroma, Ingrown Toenail, Plantar Fasciitis, Treatments, Assessment
PowerPoint 2 Care of the Feet (with assessment) (25 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Aims and Objectives, Introduction, What is a Pedicure?, Pedicures and infections, Pedicures and fungal infections, Pedicures and other infections, Preventing infections
- Preparing for a Pedicure, Basic Procedures, Foot Massage, Other Foot Care, Special Tips, Warning, Assessment
PowerPoint 3 Introduction to Personal Care (with built trainer notes and activities) (14 slides) - Slide Titles:
- Introduction, Learning Activity 1, What is Personal Care?, Role of the Care worker, Perspective of the Client, Learning Activity 2, Care Value base and Personal Care
- Empowerment and Informed Choices, References
Word Documents (Handouts)
- Personal Care, Pedicure, Common Foot Problems (pictures), Common Foot problems (words), Foot Massage, Care Value Base, Empowerment
Word Documents (Assessments)
- Written Assessment questions (Common Foot Problems), Written Assessment questions (Care of the Feet)
Available on CD or as a Download